Tuesday, January 22, 2019

NBM, Day 15: Cranberry-Almond Crumb Cake


Halfway through National Baking Month!

I can't believe it took me til halfway to finally crack open my much-used and loved copy of Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman. Again, motivated by the desire to use things in the pantry, I was looking for a recipe that would allow me to get rid of some almond paste, and I remembered the Cherry-Almond Crumb Cake from this book. Then I saw a container with maybe a tablespoon of dried cranberries left in it, and I opted to tweak this recipe from cherry to cranberry. (Of course, I also had an unopened bag of dried cranberries to fill out what I needed to make this cake.) Not a big stretch -- dried cranberries are a good flavor match for almond. This cake also has a great proportion of crumb topping to cake (meaning lots of streusel).

No comments: