Tuesday, January 1, 2019

NBM, Day 1: Nutella Fudge Brownies




For National Baking Month 2019, I’m challenging myself to bake something every day. It’s a goofy enough challenge for me, and it also will assist me in attending to my holiday-baking ingredient overage. I’m planning to mix things up, so my intention isn’t necessarily to make just cookies or cakes or breads. I’m aiming for variety.

To get things started, I went with a straight-up simple and delicious favorite from Desserts 4 Today by Abigail Johnson Dodge. These brownies contain only four ingredients: Nutella, an egg, flour, and hazelnuts, but you’d never guess they were that simple. Since I had some leftover ganache in the fridge, I decided to glaze them and then sprinkle the tops with chopped hazelnuts rather than sprinkle the batter with the chopped nuts before baking.

No comments: