Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies


There is a conventional wisdom that if you change three things about a recipe, it becomes your own creation. Inspired by the chocolate chip cookies I made last week, I started thinking about flavor combinations that might work well in a cookie. A couple of days later, I made the dough for these Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am going to chalk this up as my first recipe (although I confess that it borrows heavily from the traditional Toll House cookie recipe, a cookie formula of classic and elegant proportion).

These cookies contain white chocolate chips, lemon zest, lemon juice, toasted macadamia nuts, chopped dried pineapple, and shredded coconut. I think they taste great. Ideally, they will be going to tomorrow night's PLTI class -- as long as I don't eat them all first.

(Recipe to come, as soon as I track down the notes I made.)

2 comments:

Shady Character said...

Dried pineapple? Now you've got me thinking in a new direction. I've always gone to a basic oatmeal cookie recipe as the carrier for dried cranberries, blueberries and, of course, raisins. Now I'm inspired to think a bit more out of the dried friut box. The cookies sound delicious.

Dave in Toronto said...

Sounds yummy!