Monday, January 26, 2009

Bon Voyage, Brittany!



Last week, Brittany, one of my wife's colleagues, moved on to new adventures, and I got to make a going-away cake for her. (It is the least I could do for a fellow parade-balloon wrangler.) Although I knew only that chocolate was the prime directive, I wasn't sure what cake to make. Then I was browsing through the recipes section of the Williams-Sonoma Web site, and I found this Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake. I ended up being so curious about how it was going to taste that I made another one the next night and brought it in for the first Lost Lunch Thursday of the new season. The cake is remarkably moist (I guess that 1.5 cups of sour cream will help with that). For the glaze on both cakes, I used a mango ganache that I had planned to make into truffles (but that really lacked enough mango flavor to work as a truffle base).

No comments: