Friday, June 15, 2007

Cream Cheese Pound Cake


A week ago, Southern Cakes arrived in my mailbox, ordered from The Good Cook book club. (Sadly, their all-books-are-$10-each promotion ended, but I ordered this book on a buy-one-get-one-free sale.) Southern Cakes is a new book by Nancie McDermott. The timing of the book's arrival was perfect because I needed to make something for Karen to bring in Monday for a work birthday.

Sunday ended up being kind of a crazy busy day, and I didn't get around to starting the cake til evening. I figured I'd make a pound cake because it wouldn't require frosting or decorating, and since I had some cream cheese in the fridge, I decided to try Cream Cheese Pound Cake from this new book.

No chance to sample it, but it looked great out of the oven. When the cake dome came home empty, I figured that something must have gone right with the cake.

At this point, I need to spend a little more time getting to know this book. My immediate reaction was that it is full of recipes I really want to try. I'll take that as a good sign.

No comments: