Friday, July 13, 2007

Peanut Butter Cup Cake


I've been using the library to review baking books that I haven't felt the urge to purchase, and one recent visitor has been Good Housekeeping's Ultimate Desserts. It's a compendium of recipes, with a little bit of everything: cakes, cookies, puddings, frozen desserts. I tried a Peanut Butter Cup Cake from the book and thought it was a pretty good pound cake. The only misgiving was the so-called "rich" chocolate glaze, which is prepared with milk chocolate. I've got nothing against most milk chocolate (barring that abomination that Hershey makes), but somehow, a milk-chocolate glaze didn't feel rich enough for this cake. I'd make this cake again (possibly even would tinker and swap some ground peanuts for a portion of the flour, to boost the peanut flavor). And I'd definitely use a dark-chocolate glaze.

No comments: